Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
11068102

I AM DOING SCHOOL PROJECT HAVE 4 SIMPLE QUESTIONS IF ANY WOULD

Customer Question

I AM DOING SCHOOL PROJECT HAVE 4 SIMPLE QUESTIONS IF ANY WOULD LIKE TO MAKE QUICK CASH I HAVE THE QUESTIONS HERE. PLEASE BE HONEST WITH ANSWERS. I HAVE NOSY PROFESSORS.

2. Interview the lawyer in order to learn the following:
a. Educational background of the lawyer and year admitted to the bar.
b. Types of business legal matters handled by the attorney.
c. Most interesting business case handled by the attorney and its resolution.
d. Legal fees charged by the attorney to business clients.
e. Advice as to when a business person should seek the help of an attorney.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
a) Majored in Political Science in undergrad then three years at law school. Admitted to the bar in 1992

b) All types but the ones that are most common for small to medium business are contracts, employment law, and business litigation.

c) I represented a builder who was sued for allegedly building a defective house. It was interesting because the experts hired by the other side were well qualified but not telling the truth and misrepresented what the studies and reports they relied on actually said. Since I had their reports ahead of time and also the articles and studies they relied on I hired an expert of my own to prepare me for cross examination, which went very well. By the end of the testimony they were agreeing with everything I said because I caught them in several lies and had the articles to prove it.

d) Usually $350 an hour, although if they were regular clients I discounted that to $250 an hour after the first matter I handled for them.

e) Any time they are faced with a new area or are unsure about a legal question. Most businessmen get into trouble by relying on what other people tell them rather than spending a few dollars and asking an attorney.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Could you add a name and law firm where you have practiced and email. I need to add it to my paper thankyou I will give you awseome review.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You dont have to add the email but just something that shows i talked to a laywer some where. but an email and office would be great. or an email.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately, we're not allowed to give out personal information. However, you can list my screen name and this website and your prof can come back on here and put my screen name on a non-pay question and I'll pick up and confirm everything.