lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.

I wish to start my own private corporation, instead of a sole

I wish to start my own private corporation, instead of a sole propriatorship, How do I go about doing that? I am told it is easier to start a Delaware corporation instead of other states, is this true? What are the fees involved and how do I get an application form?

Are there any good sites to get information from?

Thanks for any insight...
Category: Business Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 4 years ago.
I assume that the business is going to be strictly an internet operation. As such you probably want to set up your LLC in Nevada. You can do that on your own fairly easily. Here is all the information.

There are various companies that will agree to be your representative in that state for service.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thanks for this link.

No, it will not be strictly an Internet Business. It will be a service business doing accounting and computer setup/repair for small business owners/home owners in the Concord, CA area.

Yes, it will be Internet based in that there will be a Home page for advertisment, contact, appointment setting, and client input. Most of this I can do through email.

So far it is just me, working from home, but eventually I want to rent a small office.

Yes, I understand that there are companies out there that will help me for a Fee, I've already earned my Degrees I don't need to sign up for more programs to learn the same things. Any attorney will do it for a Fee also, I just need to know where to get the forms from and what to do first. I'm guessing I will need a Tax ID from the IRS, a seperate Bank account, renew my Business license, etc.

Thanks for anymore insight...

Expert:  lwpat replied 4 years ago.
I will need a Tax ID from the IRS, a separate Bank account, renew my Business license, etc.

That is correct and you will need to register in CA as a foreign corporation. Since that is the case you might as well form your LLC in California. I don't see any real advantage to forming it elsewhere.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much for the input, I appreciate your help.