LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

I started my own business operating under a LLC and I wanted

I started my own business operating under a LLC and I wanted a disclaimer because of the nature of the business, so I wrote one and I would like to get an attorney to review and make any suggestions. My business is repairing small engines, chainsaws, lawnmowers and etc.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®:

I am a licensed attorney and will do my best to provide you an honest and accurate answer to your important legal question.

My goal is to make your experience here highly satisfactory. Toward that end, please keep a few details in mind during our interaction:

1. I am a lousy mind reader. If you do not supply information to me, I do not know it. Please, give me the needed details to work with so I can provide you with the best possible service. Also, if you use the RELIST or BLOCK features, our discussion ends and I may no longer be able to assist. Please, just write back to me, directly, and talk to me.

2. Also, while I make every effort to work in a timely fashion, answering legal questions is not an instantaneous process. I am required to conduct research, interact with multiple customers simultaneously and sometimes take a break. Also, there may be times when I have to sign off for the night or to attend to other obligations. Rest assured, however, I will get back to you.

3. If you have a new legal question, the terms of this site ask that you post it in a separate thread. In other words, please be fair and reasonable. You can direct any future questions to my attention. Just go to my Profile Page, type in the text box "ask Your Question", click the hyperlink that says "15 minutes", and use the drop down menu to select 12 hours.

4. Please remember that many times even attorneys disagree with the law. But, we cannot change it. The answer I give you is based on my years of legal education and professional practice. It may well not be what you were hoping to hear. I will be upfront and direct. I will not mislead you, misstate the law to suit your hopes, or agree just to meet your expectations.

5. Lastly, please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated. Information provided is informational and not legal advice. I am not your attorney. No attorney-client relationship exists between us. Consult legal counsel in your jurisdiction.

To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify these points:

1. I am a Texas lawyer with business law experience. Are you asking for a review here through this service or would you like referral information to find a local attorney for a traditional (in person) consultation?
  2. If you want me to review your language, can you copy and paste or otherwise place it in your reply to this note and send it to me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Disclaimer

• Warning!! Small engines and their associated power tools and/or equipment are very dangerous to operate and should only be operated by qualified personnel only!
• Warning!! To avoid serious injuries, do not attempt to use the power tool until you have read and thoroughly understand the operator’s manual completely!!! If you do not understand the warnings and instructions then it is your responsibility to contact the customer service dept. of the manufacturer.
• Service!! Servicing requires extreme care and knowledge and should only be performed by a qualified service Technician. For service we advise that you take it back to the nearest service center for repair if we feel like it is warranted for any reason.
• Warning!! “Larry’s Small Engine Service, LLC” will not be responsible for anyone that should get injured if they enter our shop area.
• All customers will be advised that “Larry’s Small Engine Repair Service, LLC” will not be responsible for any damages or injuries resulting from the misuse or the lack of training on his or her power tool. “Larry’s Small Engine Repair Service, LLC” will not advise a customer on how to use the tool, unless it is in regards XXXXX XXXXX the engine or etc.
• “Larry’s Small Engine Repair Service, LLC” shall not be held liable for any delays, or issues with respect to delivery of any and all parts thereof, for any damage incurred from the use of incorrect, or defective materials or information.
• It is the responsibility of the owner of the power tool and/or associated equipment to insure that they understand the information such as manuals and the correct operation of the power tool and should use the appropriate PPE for personal protection. While the manufacturer may warrant the goods sold to the customer, we make no warranties, express or implied, including any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness, with respect to such goods.
• In no event will “Larry’s Small Engine Repair Service, LLC” be held liable to any party for any and all types of damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of business profits or the interruption of business.)
• “Larry’s Small Engine Repair Service, LLC” will only be responsible for the repairs we done and if not operated per the instructions in the factory operators manual then it will be the sole responsibility of the operator for any and all damages that should occur.
• “Larry’s Small Engine Repair Service, LLC” shall not be held responsible for defective parts whether OEM or aftermarket.
• The customer is solely responsible for Shipping and Handling charges.
• All sales are final!! Please be sure that any item that you order is correct for you tool. Orders placed for a part number from an owner’s documentation, Special Orders and Special Order Items that we do not normally stock are never returnable.

Prices are subject to change and we reserve the right to change prices because all of our prices are based on job by job basis. We will not process any order without the expressed and written approval by the customer.
Thanks for replying so promptly! One final question...will this be posted on a wall or will a copy be provided to each customer? Thanks again!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I plan to post it on my website and and on the wall. I was thinking about having each customer sign a copy along with the repair order.

Thanks for your patience in writing back and awaiting the formulation of my answer!

QUESTION: "...I would like to get an attorney to review and make any suggestions."

ANSWER: First of all, please allow me to take this opportunity to congratulate you and wish you every success in your endeavors! I commend you for being prudent and proactive by seeking a review. Your idea of having each customer sign a copy is right on point. Definitely follow through with that as well as posting on your web site and on the wall. There is a legal presumption (valid in Texas specifically) that if a warning was provided, it was read, when it comes to product liability cases. Having signed proof of that fact makes your position all the more strong. Now, as to specific suggestions, frankly I have very few as you have done an outstanding job of drafting everything. For your consideration, I offer these recommendations: (1) switch the order of third and fourth bullet points "Service" and the third "Warning" so the three "Warning" sections appear together as a group to stress the importance and priority of adhering thereto; (2) review fifth bullet point from "All customers will be advised..." to "All customers are hereby advised and placed on notice..."; (3) fifth bullets point onward could be grouped under a general "Disclaimers and Release from Liability" heading -- likewise for placing the earlier ones under an "Important Warnings" heading; and (4) the last statement "Prices are subject..." could be bullet-pointed for uniformity of appearance.

That is about it...as I say, you have already very nicely addressed the main points.

LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience: Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.