LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

Can I create my own Restricted stock agreements for two initial

Can I create my own Restricted stock agreements for two initial shareholders of a delaware corporation I just formed on Rocketlawyer?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®:

I am a licensed attorney and will do my best to provide you an honest and accurate answer to your important legal question.

My goal is to make your experience here highly satisfactory. Toward that end, please keep a few details in mind during our interaction:

1. When you receive my answer, please kindly click the ACCEPT button. This is the case regardless of whether you are paying for just one question or are using any type of subscription plan or promotional offer. Doing so does not terminate our dialog. I will gladly continue our discussion, without additional charge, if needed. I receive no wages or salary for my time.

2. I am a lousy mind reader. If you do not supply information to me, I do not know it. Please, give me the needed details to work with so I can provide you with the best possible service. Also, if you use the RELIST or BLOCK features, our discussion ends and I may no longer be able to assist. Please, just write back to me, directly, and talk to me.

3. Also, while I make every effort to work in a timely fashion, answering legal questions is not an instantaneous process. I am required to conduct research, interact with multiple customers simultaneously and sometimes take a break. Also, there may be times when I have to sign off for the night or to attend to other obligations. Rest assured, however, I will get back to you.

4. If you have a new legal question, the terms of this site ask that you post it in a separate thread. In other words, please be fair and reasonable. You can direct any future questions to my attention. Just go to my Profile Page, type in the text box "ask Your Question", click the hyperlink that says "15 minutes", and use the drop down menu to select 12 hours.

5. Please remember that many times even attorneys disagree with the law. But, we cannot change it. The answer I give you is based on my years of legal education and professional practice. It may well not be what you were hoping to hear. I will be upfront and direct. I will not mislead you, misstate the law to suit your hopes, or agree just to meet your expectations.

6. Lastly, please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated. Information provided is informational and not legal advice. I am not your attorney. No attorney-client relationship exists between us. Consult legal counsel in your jurisdiction.

QUESTION: "Can I create my own Restricted stock agreements for two initial shareholders of a delaware corporation I just formed on Rocketlawyer?"

ANSWER: Yes, in fact this is contemplated by 8 Delaware Code § 251. Here is a sample just by way of example: Restricted Stock Agreement. There is also a standardized form promulgated by the Delaware Secretary of State to register changes: Certificate of Amendment. This is a fillable form and it includes an explanatory cover letter.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do I need to submit the RSO agreement to someone or jsut hold onto it ?

Hello again,

Thanks for writing back -- good to hear from you.

You are quite welcome-- my pleasure to be of service.

I will be glad to comment further -- please see below.

I have answered your question on the honor system, so I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you click "Accept" Many thanks in advance!

QUESTION: "Do I need to submit the RSO agreement to someone or jsut hold onto it ?"

ANSWER: This is one of those documents you will just retain in your own records rather than filing it with the Secretary of State or elsewhere.

I hope all goes smoothly for you with this matter.

Take care and thanks again for choosing JustAnswer®!

[Please click "Accept" -- this is the only way I get paid for my work and services provided.]