dkennedy
dkennedy, Attorney
Experience:  JD degree, business owner
5930486

I just incorporated in delaware and need to obtain a secretary

Customer Question

I just incorporated in delaware and need to obtain a secretary certificate. How do I do this?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  dkennedy replied 5 years ago.

dklawyer :

dklawyer :

I will be helping you with this question. How long ago did you receive your certificate of incorporation?

JACUSTOMER-s829209n- :

Because we are in live chate-- Do I have to pay $25 for this? I am signed up for the unlimited monthly plan so I would like to use that.

JACUSTOMER-s829209n- :

I received it yesterday

dklawyer :

You only pay if you are satisified with the answer. We will continue to chat until you feel that your questions have been answered.

dklawyer :

Your subscription should take care of it all. But, if you have questions, you can contact JA. I really don't do much with the "money" end of things.

JACUSTOMER-s829209n- :

Okey doke. Awesome! I received my incorporation paperwork yesterday. The date on my little seal they sent was November 23,2011

dklawyer :

this is also called a certificate of good standing, and lots of other things. I am going to paste what is in the State of Delaware website about it, and then we can discuss it further right here.

dklawyer :
  • Your Foreign or Domestic company must be registered as a legal entity with the Delaware (DE) Secretary of State (DE Corporation, DE LLP or DE LLC)
  • Your company cannot be in default or suspended as defined by the state of Delaware
  • Your company must have filed all required annual reports required by the Delaware Secretary of State
  • Your company must have paid all required Delaware state taxes and fees
dklawyer :

this is what is required in order to get a Certificate. Now, here is what you do:

JACUSTOMER-s829209n- :

Okay so if I just incorporated I should be able to meet all of those standards you just outlined, correct?

dklawyer :

Here is a link with lots of other info on exactly how to get your certificate. Any questions? I will be here for you all evening.

dklawyer :

the above link was a paid cite, but the forms can be obtained free and you can do it yourself. The link was just to give you the information. All forms can be obtained from the Secretary of State website in DE.

JACUSTOMER-s829209n- :

i think this is it :http://www.corp.delaware.gov/certmemo.pdf

JACUSTOMER-s829209n- :

correct?

JACUSTOMER-s829209n- :

no but the free one on the delaware site is this it:http://www.corp.delaware.gov/certmemo.pdf

dklawyer :

As I said, this is a "paid" website, but don't buy anything. This is just a website that makes it very clear what you need, so I thought I would send it to you to show you how to get your certificate.

dklawyer :

Yes, the Secretary of State website has the free forms.