lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.

my 2 business partners got angry because I said I needed more

my 2 business partners got angry because I said I needed more help on production. They are now helping, but have both refused to speak to me in days. If we are heading for an ugly ending, what do I do to protect myself? Very unwisely, I provided the majority of capital for start up, and never got around to a written partnership agreement.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 4 years ago.
am starting to review bank statements closer since I'm not the partner that usually does the bookwork

Excellent. That is something that you need to do since I have known of there to be two separate sets of books, invoices paid to fake companies, etc. Next you never want to be in a partnership. It should always be at least an LLC and there absolutely needs to be an operating agreement. It is easy to get into business but hard to get out. You need to contact a local business law attorney and let him assist you in drafting an agreement. Now is the time before you get any deeper into the company. Here are some sample agreements.

business attorney listings