MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY My friends

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

My friends and I are considering starting a consumers union that could inform the public of shady practices by corporations and even organize boycotts if necessary, once we get a national following. Are there any legal ramifications with regard to starting this kind of organization or using the name "Union"? Any other suggestions? Thanks.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. The use of the term union does not come with specific pre-requisites. Take Western Union for example. But be sure that you only disseminate truthful information and have a disclaimer that the content published is not necessarily representative of the opinion of the union but only those members offering such opinions/statements. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You didn't answer my first question. Are there any legal ramifications with regard to starting an organization of the sort I describe? One which may organize boycotts against corporations, etc.?
No, there are not.