Tina, Attorney
Experience:  licensed attorney for 13 years including employment, business, contract, domestic, and general civil
4460311

What is a special power of attorney? I have a small parcell

What is a special power of attorney? I have a small parcell of land in the Philippines that I wanted to sell and my folks back home ask me to send them a special power of attorney.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Romeo Boada
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

A Special Power of Attorney is an instrument authorizing one person to do a specific act or acts on the behalf of another typically.

In your situation, it would normally permit a specific individual to sign documents on your behalf for the purpose of selling your property.

I hope you found my answer helpful, even if the law is not in your favor; please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.