lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.
15417118

MY mothers estate has an account with Bankers Life and Casualty

MY mother's estate has an account with Banker's Life and Casualty and they have refused to pay since my mother passed away Aug 14th. They have lost the paperwork twice now and made promises they've not kept. What could be done to make them pay?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
I assume that you are the executor of the estate and that you have sent them your letter of appointment. I would send it to them again one more time by certified mail and state that if the funds are not released to the estate within 15 days of receipt that you will file a petition in court and ask the court to assess attorney fees against them. That usually gets someone onto the situation but you have to send the demand certified. Good luck to you.