Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

helloi have a vehicle that i have not been ble to pay for...since

helloi have a vehicle that i have not been ble to pay for...since maybe Dec of 2010...the car broke down also around january 2011 or so maybe Feb. However, after they did not repo the car. they said they sent someone to evaluate the car...i never seen anyone come by however they do have a tracking devise on the vehicle...they informed me back in maybe april that they were not coming to repo the car and that they will not be picking the car up cause it would cost more to fix than the car is worth. so they sent me a bill for over 9k as a collection....so what do i do. Thats new to me. So i have a 2002 Altima se that is not drivable...no payments made in a year or so..what do i do.
They will have the right to sue you for payment and they do not have to accept the vehicle back or repossess the vehicle and if you read your purchase contract it would specify their rights to do this. If they sue you they have the right to get a judgment against you for the amount of the loan due. You cannot sell the car because of the lien and you cannot even scrap it because it has a lien on the title. Thus, you are in one of those situations where legally all you can do is pay or leave them to sue you for judgment and then if you qualify file for bankruptcy to extinguish the debt.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok...so im not filing BK on 9k...thats my only debt...so after the judgement..what can i do...the tags are good...what if i fix it ...
After the judgment, then you can do what you want with the car, but if you do not pay the judgment off they can seize the car if you fix it so you are in a pretty difficult situation.