MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

I am in oregon I have a business idea to start a business to

I am in oregon I have a business idea to start a business to be able to ticket people on there cell phones with the use of dash cams .I have gone to the police with the idea and they said it would get bad community review .. Can I start the business and be able to collect on it some how?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Do you mean how can you get it going without municipal support? Are you only interested in presenting the idea to local government?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I want to start LOcal but in many states it is leagall to drive and talk so I would like to go nation wide and yes I would like to be able to do it with out the help of any municipal support as I have hit a road block with them for sure as they are more concered with the public image then somone driving and talking on there phone so not sure how we could collect with out there support etc .. I just dont want to have the idea grounded I been working on it for awhile now I think its A great thing like privatized parking type I would think but unsure of how we would collect if the municipal is not behind us..to get information like if we video them talking it records it gets there plate number then issues the tickethowever We dont have access to Lcn plate info etc. also the could go to the web page and see the video if there were disputes etc.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX pursue local support, which appears to be dismal, consider pitching the idea to other municipalities that take a more aggressive stance on driving while texting/talking. Talking/texting while driving is dissimilar from privatized parking because only a municipality can enforce a ticket/fine. A property owner is free to prohibit talking/texting while driving on his/her property, but the issue comes in enforcing this when you issue private tickets/citations. the owner would have to file in small claims against each party violating the private regulation. It would be easiest to pitch to other municipalities, for example the District of Columbia and Maryland both have very strict and enforced no texting/talking laws.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how can I get this business going then if I choose not to go through municipalities and do it myself? Is there a way?
Unfortunately you cannot get it going without municipal backing because you do not have the authority to issue and collect on tickets, and you or the property owner would have to sue each and every party whom is issued a citation in small claims court.
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience: Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements