Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

I have a situation in which a b2b relationship is going sour

I have a situation in which a b2b relationship is going sour and we want to end the relationship. The other party is looking at the possibility of mediating or litigating the contractual agreement in order to demand additional performance.

The other party is difficult and disorganized and it seems that hey may have lost their copy of the original contract. If they ask for a copy of ours, do we have a duty to give them another copy? Since we want to end the relationship, does it make sense for us not to want to give them a copy of the contract for their scrutiny?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 5 years ago.

bizlaw :

If you do not give them the contract, they will proceed to litigation and get it through that forum. It probably makes sense to give them the contract especially if you are terminating within the terms of the contract.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.