RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

To get a liquor license in Tennessee, is there a restriction

To get a liquor license in Tennessee, is there a restriction on how many feet you must be located from from a public park? I know that for a beer license it is 100 feet. This would be a bar and restaurant combination, and I realize there are food to drink rations etc. in this state. i simply need to know if there are distance restrictions. Or would codes determine this, and if so I need to know if they have such a requirement.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  RGMacEsq replied 5 years ago.

RGMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

Customer:

I am referring specifically to Nashville, Tennessee. Forgot to specify. Thank you.

RGMacEsq :

Thank you. I could not find any restrictions as to liquor, although the beer restrictions is 100 feet. I have searched the ordinances and statutes for "liquor" and a number of combinations of feet, yards, etc...

RGMacEsq :

I think that the thinking is that if you are serving liquor, you're also going to be serving beer, and the beer law governs distance to public parks.

RGMacEsq :

So I would bet that the requirement is 100 feet, not finding anything in the codes or ordinances that would say otherwise, but I would certainly get the city and county to sign off on this, OR make the sale of the land expressly contingent upon getting such a license to operate.

RGMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please select the "accept" button. If you have already clicked "accept", or if you will in the future, please let me know so I can track these for my own reports and customer satisfaction stats. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!