Experience:  23 Years business & securities law, NY and FL bars. SEC all states.

I have a question I live on Long Island New York, and I am

I have a question I live on Long Island New York, and I am getting my estheticians license soon and want to do facials and body treatments on clients, I was wondering is it legal to rent a studio apartment and work out of there doing that?

since noone is responding , if i need to speak to a real estate lawyer plz let me know

Category: Business Law
Expert:  FLCORPLAWYER replied 5 years ago.

Without seeing the municipal statutes I am flying a little blind here, but in 99% of the cases, it is not lawful to operate a business out of a residential dwelling unit. Certainly the residential lease you would have to sign will prohibit this practice. Find a commercial space. You will be much happier.

thank you :)