Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My 14 year old son accepted a 30 day trial subscription on

My 14 year old son accepted a 30 day trial subscription on after receiving an email. He had to enter his visa debit card to get the subscription. Was unable to stop them from taking a payment on the 30th day and was unablre to contact them as the phone numbers he used didn't work. When he tried to cancel by email he had an automated reply saying he would have to call. What I want to know is what can he expect to do to get his money back.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Business litigation attorney here to assist you.

I would recommend that he first write them a letter canceling and demanding a refund. If they refuse, he should then contact the consumer fraud division of your state attorney generals office and get their help to recover his money from the company.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

They say they have a no refund policy and that in their terms that he clicked it said he must be over 18.

I should add that he is Resident in the UK in case that changes anything.

Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
Sorry. The question indicated you were in Utah (US) - not in the UK.

I'm not familiar with UK law, so I will transfer this to the appropriate category.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the business adoba was is in Utah
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
Ok. In the US, a person must be at least 18 to enter into a valid contract. I think that you can get an attorney in Utah to write the business and try to resolve this. If an informal letter doesn't work, I would recommend that you then seek help from the Utah attorney general.