Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

My partner and I have formed a Michigan LLC and are working

My partner and I have formed a Michigan LLC and are working on the operating agreement.
Looking for the equivalent standard Michigan verbage for this from CA.

"Formation. The Members hereby formed a Limited Liability Company ("Company") subject to the provisions of the Beverly-Killea Limited Liability Company Act, codified in California Corporation Code section 1700 et. seq., as the same may be amended from time to time (the “Act”). "

Any help from the MI law community is appreciated...thanks!!
The wording used in MI operating agreements is:

"The Members desire to form a Limited Liability Company pursuant to the Michigan Limited Liability Company Act ("Act"), MCS(NNN) NNN-NNNNet seq."

"Formation. The Members desire to form a Limited Liability Company pursuant to the Act. Articles of Organization were executed on the date herein a d shall be filed with the State of Michigan immediately."

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Paul!
Do you know what the capital contributions should be? We aren't actually putting any money in to start. We will be building a website and hitting the phones looking for a licensing deal for a skateboard company that was a player in the 60's and 70's , but has been off the scene since 1996.
What are the rules for capital contributions?
Thanks!
Shawn
The contributions for an LLC can be labor or skill and do not have to be monetary.