How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 112765
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a co-founder of the Edison Symphony. It never had a 501

This answer was rated:

I am a co-founder of the Edison Symphony. It never had a 501 C so the NJ Arts council does not recognize it. It does not receive grant money. Just the President of the Arts Society used to raise money and fund the concerts. The Arts Society is about to become volunteer only and he may step down and we have not had concerts since 2009. I would like to Trademark the name and get it a 501 C can I do that legally once the organization goes volunteer?
Yes, if the Arts Society is no longer interested in making any claims to the name of the symphony, then you could file to trademark the name. If they are not using the name you are looking to trademark and have no interest in doing so you can file NOW for the trademark and you can also form a 501c for the corporation.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you so much.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I want to hire you to be my lawyer. Is there a way I could contact your law office.


Thank you,


The site rules strictly prohibit us from taking any clients from this site, so it would cause me to be removed from this site if I were to do so. Thank you for the offer, but I am sorry I cannot do so.
Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, thank you.

Related Business Law Questions