Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

If I would open up a general service company which will offer

Customer Question

If I would open up a "general service" company which will offer customers what they need for home repairs (let's say plumbing, electrical, A/C).

In daily life my company will evaluate the nature of a problem and then call the specialist in, which will be a licensed subcontractor for it's field.

Does my company in this case need all the licenses (plumbing, electrical, A/C) for the services offered or is it sufficient if the subcontractors performing the Job are holding the proper licenses/permits?
Invoicing will be trough my company if possible. We'll charge the customer and pay the sub contractors.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 5 years ago.
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be happy to answer your question.

Is your company going to act as simply a referral service which would speak to customers over the phone and then refer them to a licensed specialist or are you planing on actually sending out a company representative to evaluate the type of problem that customer might have, before referring it to a specialist?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry for not getting back with you. Somehow I did not see that my question had been answered.
To answer your question:
I'm planning to evaluate the problem and then send out the licensed specialist (a company/subcontractor, not an employee)
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 4 years ago.
Is your company representative that is going to be dispatched to evaluate the problem in person going to have any formal training or will have a related license, such as home inspector and will this company representative be involved in any repair trouble shooting under any circumstances?