dkennedy
dkennedy, Attorney
Experience:  JD degree, business owner
5930486

We want to tell our partner that we intent to dissolve the

Customer Question

sample letter   We want to tell our partner that we intent to dissolve the partnership due to his fraud, dishonest , imbuzzalment and violation of city and state law
Category: Business Law
Expert:  dkennedy replied 5 years ago.

dklawyer :

dklawyer :

I would be happy to help you with this. I would like to have a few more details, but you don't have to use real names or anything. I will do the letter and you can correct the details when you get it. Also what is the remedy you want? For instance, is there to be a buy out of his part? Is he supposed to turn over books or equipment? stuff like that.

Customer :

no, we want to dissolve the whole partnership , so we can save legal cost and save him from criminal record or jail for what he did

dklawyer :

Okay, but what I am getting at is I need a few details or it is going to be about a 2 sentence letter.

dklawyer :

dissolved as of what date?

dklawyer :

Do you have property belonging to the partnership? money in the bank? a customer list?

dklawyer :

these things have to be dealt with if you are dissolving a partnership or he could sue for his share of things.

dklawyer :

Is there any legal documents that you prepared when you started the partnership?

dklawyer :

If you provide a few more things, I will do a fairly detailed letter and then you can correct or delete what you want.

Customer :

no. is taxicab services , he imbuzzal the insurance money and let the drvers drive cabs without insurance for 3-4 months until we find out.

Customer :

I think he will agree for his sake .because he is the one that commit all the violation not us

Customer :

we did not decided the date to dissolve but we will negotiate.

Customer :

he also violated 4-5 other stuff.

Customer :

please send the sample template letter so i can add or delete some

Customer :

did you send the sample letter ?

Customer :

to allow drivers to drive uninsured cabs he endangered the public safety breach airport contract and city of dayton ohio taxi cab ordinace.

Customer :

he opened so maney bank accounts without consulting us. he signed contracts without our permision.

dklawyer :

Letter

Customer :

thanks, is good letter.

Customer :

we don't suspect, we know he defrauded and diverted funds .Also can you emphasize the uninsured drivers who drove and 3-4 months the uninsured cars were on duty(working)

Customer :

we are planing to disolve the partnership by the end of October.

dklawyer :

I sort of "glossed" over the "we know for sure you did these things" so you can avoid a slander suit. Would you like me to add the language about the drivers, or are you going to do it?

Customer :

thanks, please add the uninsured cars & drivers and how that indanger the public safety

dklawyer :

Amended Letter