Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Attorney
Experience:  25 years practicing law

I received a mail from my bankers asking me to apply for a

I received a mail from my bankers asking me to apply for a car loan which i did but the loan was declined with reasons that i do not have credit. It is a fact to that i have never apply for a credit card of any kind. What is my position now that enquiry have been made at the credit bureau when i am applying next time for the car loan? Would that affect my credit now that i have apply for a credit card? And when will i qualify to apply for such a car loan again? Am with the US Army.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 5 years ago.

Dear JACUSTOMER - The credit bureaus are private companies with their own set standards as to how they calculate credit scores and there is no legal time limit on when you can apply for another loan or credit card. Generally an application for credit is something that can affect your overall credit score but in this case you had no credit score to begin with. You may want to write to the credit agencies and find out their policies as to this particular situation. There is no law as to how this application will affect your score so it will be up to them to give you their guidelines. I have included their websites below.