Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations

What are red blisters on bottom of feet.

Customer Question

Can landlord take keys from You with only a three day notice of having
To come up with rent and has never mentioned anything prior up to last week of month
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a written lease?

If so, when is the lease term over or end?

How far behind are you in the rent?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i have a lease and it is up june 2012 not really behind just am short and he wants the rest of it within three days before october begins or he wants my keys and try to keep me from removing any of my equipment in the bussiness
Expert:  Law Pro replied 5 years ago.
Ah, so this is a commercial lease - correct? You don't reside there but it's strictly for your business?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes only bussiness
Expert:  Law Pro replied 5 years ago.
Then, in reality, the landlord is being nice.

The landlord can perform a "lock-out" and keep all your tools, inventory, and equipment as collateral for the past rent.

Commercial leases are completely different than residential leases - they have no safeguards for the commercial tenant.

Contract law prevails and if a tenant is late on the rent the landlord can take immediate possession of the property.

So, I would contact the landlord and inform them you will come up with the monies somehow.

Please ask for "Law Pro" if you have any further future questions!

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you (even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription program). You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. If you do have a follow-up question, press REPLY, NOT relist, or else I won’t receive the question.