Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

11. Omar is Precise Service Companys chief executive officer.

Customer Question

11. Omar is Precise Service Company's chief executive officer. On Precise's behalf, Omar solicits business, hires and fires workers, and handles the finances. Precise pays Omar varying amounts, depending on his "needs". Omar is most likely (Points: 5)
a principal.
an employee.
an employer.
an independent contractor.

12. Jay holds himself out as possessing special accounting skills. As an agent, he must exercise the degree of skill or care expected of (Points: 5)
a person having those skills.
an average, unskilled person.
a reasonable person.
the principal.

13. Global Sales, Inc., engages in trade practices that may violate antitrust law. The Federal Trade Commission has the power to act against unfair trade practices under (Points: 5)
the Clayton Act.
the Federal Trade Commission Act.
the Interstate Commerce Act.
the Sherman Act.

14. Universal Assembly Company makes espresso machines and sells one to Vim through a misrepresentation on the label (which was relied upon by Vim). Consequently, Vim is injured by the espresso machine. Universal is most likely liable for (Points: 5)
a commonly known danger.

15. Mariah owns Nitro Demolition Company. During a demolition by Mariah's crew, Own, a passerby, is injured. Under the theory of strict liability, Mariah must pay for the injury (Points: 5)
only if the crew intended to injure Owen.
only if the crew was at fault.
under no circumstances.
whether or not the crew was at fault.

16. Gert, an obese individual, files suit against Hot n' Tasty, Inc., alleging that its food is unhealthy because, as is well known, it contains high levels of salt and sugar. Gert's suit is most likely to (Points: 5)
fail, because salt and sugar are not unhealthy ingredients in food.
fail, because the danger is open and obvious to a reasonable consumer.
succeed, because the danger is open and obvious to any consumer.
succeed, because the food's contents obviously caused Gert's obesity.

17. David is an employee of Drowsy Resort, Inc., covered by federal overtime provisions, which apply only after an employee has worked more than (Points: 5)
eight hours in one day.
forty hours in one week.
160 hours in one month.
one year for the same employer.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
11. A Principal

12. A person having those skills.

13. The Sherman Act

14. Fraud.

15. Whether or not the crew was at fault.

16. Fail because salt and sugar are not unhealthy ingredients

17. Forty hours in one week.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Can you help me with the rest of the questions?