Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
11068102

16. Kelly files a suit against Lewis in a state court. The

Customer Question

16. Kelly files a suit against Lewis in a state court. The case proceeds to trial, after which the court renders a verdict. The case is appealed to the state's highest court.
After the state's highest court's review of Kelly v. Lewis, a party can appeal the decision to the U.S. Supreme Court if

(Points: 2)
a federal question is involved.
a question of state law remains unresolved.
the party is unsatisfied with the result.
the state trial and appellate court rulings are different.

17. During the trial phase of Fuel Corporation's suit against Gas Stations, Inc., their attorneys engage in voir dire. This is (Points: 2)
the assessment of the arguments on the issues.
the determination of the issues to be argued.
the litigation of the issues and arguments.
the selection of jurors.

18. Contracts Construction Corporation offers to buy from Dry Cement Company a certain quantity of cement for a certain price. Dry can accept the offer by (Points: 2)
promptly shipping the cement.
promising to ship the cement.
none of the above.
both A and B.

19. Sam, a citizen of Tennessee, files a suit in a Tennessee state court against United Sales Corporation, a Wyoming company that does business in Tennessee. The court has original jurisdiction, which means that (Points: 2)
the case is being heard for the first time.
the court does not have concurrent jurisdiction.
the court has standing.
the court has venue.

20. A contract for the sale of an apartment complex from Unique Properties to Variety Investments contains an erroneous legal description. The most appropriate remedy for these parties is (Points: 2)
damages.
reformation.
rescission.
specific performance.

21. Miles files a suit against Nina. At the trial, each party's attorney presents the party's case before a judge who hears the dispute and renders a legally binding decision. This is (Points: 2)
litigation
arbitration.
mediation.
negotiation.

22. Del, vice-president of sales for EZ Products, Inc., adheres to religious ethical standards. Their application involves an element of (Points: 2)
absolutism.
after-the-fact rationalization.
personal discretion.
utilitarianism.

23. NuTech Company agrees to sell computer equipment to Office Stores, Inc. (OSI) for OSI to market to its customers. Their contract will not be enforceable unless it includes (Points: 2)
the duration of the deal.
the price of the goods.
the quantity of the goods.
the requirements of OSI's customers.

24. In making business decision, Brian, personnel manager for Conservative Investments, Inc., applies his belief that all persons have fundamental rights. This is (Points: 2)
a religious rule.
the categorical imprerative.
the principle of rights.
utilitarianism

25. Nora's best criticism of utilitarianism is that it (Points: 2)
encourages unethical behavior.
fosters conformance with society's standards.
mandates acting in an employer's best interest.
results in human costs many persons find unacceptable.

26. Bob, research manager for Corn Products, Inc., applies utilitarian ethics to determine that an action is morally correct when it produces (Points: 2)
the greatest good for Bob.
the greatest good for the most people
the least good for the fewest people.
the least good for the most people

27. Take-It Construction Corporation makes a side payment to a government official in Nigeria in order to obtain a contract. In the United States, this is (Points: 2)
illegal and unethical
illegal only.
neither illegal nor unethical.
unethical only.

28. Judges decide cases that involve principles of various sources of law. Common law is (Points: 2)
administrative law.
case law.
civil law.
statutory law.

29. Henry writes on a piece of paper, "I, Henry, promise to pay George $100." According to the UCC, this is a (Points: 2)
check.
draft.
note.
none of the above.

30. The state legislature of Michigan enacts a transportation statute that impinges on interstate commerce. This law will be (Points: 2)
balanced in terms of the burden on the state against the merit and purpose of interstate commerce.
balanced in terms of the state's interest in its merit and purpose against the burden placed on interstate commerce.
struck down.
upheld.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 years ago.

a federal question is involved.

the selection of jurors.

both A and B.

19. Sam, a citizen of Tennessee, files a suit in a Tennessee state court against United Sales Corporation, a Wyoming company that does business in Tennessee. The court has original jurisdiction, which means that

the court has venue. (caution: none of these really fit but this one fits the best but is almost a tie with the one that says this case is being heard for the first time)

20. A contract for the sale of an apartment complex from Unique Properties to Variety Investments contains an erroneous legal description. The most appropriate remedy for these parties is

reformation.

litigation

utilitarianism.

the duration of the deal.

the principle of rights.

the greatest good for the most people

illegal and unethical

28. Judges decide cases that involve principles of various sources of law. Common law is (Points: 2) (Not 100% sure on this one)
.
case law.

29. Henry writes on a piece of paper, "I, Henry, promise to pay George $100." According to the UCC, this is a (Points: 2) (Not 100% sure on this one)

none of the above.

struck down.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience: Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.