Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

I am creating an Oregon LLC. When I was filling in all the

I am creating an Oregon LLC. When I was filling in all the details, I cam upon the following clause in the LLC formation form.
" The company elects to indemnify its members, managers, employees, agents for liability and related expenses under ORS 63.160"

Should I select yes to this clause? It seems to me to make sense that I should limit liability of members using this clause, since that is what I am forming the LLC for.

It is also asking me to add other "optional provisions" if I want to. Should I be adding anything here or is just selecting yes to the provision above is enough? What is typically added in custom provisions that I need to worry about?

Last time I created an LLC, the form did not have anything like this, so this is very new to me.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good afternoon. yes, you do want to check "yes" on this. You don't want to add anything here because the less that is on public file the better. :)

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have different intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply general information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.