MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements

Background I have an Oregon LLC. Now I want to use

I have an Oregon LLC. Now I want to use to receive and scan some of my business mail. A potential issue is that the only mailing address that have is in California.
Can I use the California address to receive my mail? Will receiving mail in CA considered transacting business in CA and I wil have to create a LLC in CA also? I will still leave my oregon mailing address on file for my Oregon LLC. I just don't want to create an LLC for the only purpose of receiving mail in another California.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. California Corporations Code sections 191, 15901.02(ai) and 17001(ap) define "transacting intrastate business" as entering into repeated and successive transactions of its business in this state, other than interstate or foreign commerce. Therefore, if the only function is receiving mail, it would not be required to register as a LLC in CA. This begs the question though of why you need a CA address for receipt of mail. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The only reason I want to use that address is because VirtualPostMail provides a service which will receive and scan all of my mail. I will also be receiving mail orders on that address. So, a clarification, what happens if I receive a mail order from somebody in CA on that address? Would that be considered transacting business in CA?
No, because your company is not actually conducting business, rather from your description your company is using another company to receive mail and that company is conducting business in CA. I assume you would be in Oregon processing the orders and never actually in the state of CA.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That is correct. The orders will all be processed in Oregon. One last clarification and then I will accept the answer.

On my website, the mailing address will be:
XYZ st. #111
Walnut, CA

Is that ok, or do I need to write the mailing address as following?
ABC, LLC (An oregon LLC)
XYZ St., #111
Walnut, CA.

Thanks for all your help!
You do not need to state "Oregon LLC). But elsewhere on your website you should state that your LLC is an Oregon LLC and operates exclusively within that state (perhaps in your "about us" section).