Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

Im in the process of applying for grants for starting a business.

Im in the process of applying for grants for starting a business. I found a company that all they do is apply for grants. for other people, and for a fee. $200 and if they don't succeed you get it back. I need to give them all the info to start this business. And one expense they want is the annual cost for attorney. I realize every business is gonna be different. I guess what I am asking is can you tell what one should do to start a business. what kind of attorney i should look for, and roughly what they would charge an hr. Again this is new to me so if i'm off base point me in the general direction please. Hope that made some sense.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

The annual legal costs would depend on the type/size of business that you are planning to start.

Can you provide me with some additional information about the type of business that you are starting?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My plan is the recycling of wood. Taking old wood by taking down barns, buildings, or whatever it may be. Buildings downed by wind or any other act of nature. Then turning it into T & G flooring, molding, siding. This isn't a big business, 5 or 6 employees I am figuring on. Applying for $200,000 to $250,000 to purchase equipment, building and office. Thats the short story. if ya need more info i will do my best to give it to ya.
Generally you might want to set aside a budget for an attorney which would give you at least 20 billable hours of attorney's time.

Generally average hourly rate would be between $200-$300 so a budget of $3,000 - $5,000 per year would be reasonable.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can you tell me briefly what the services are that I am paying for?
Generally it would be services to setup your company and also to handle any legal issues, disputes, collections, etc...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

is talking to an attorney one of the first things I should do starting this business? my last a ? i promise.

I would suggest that you consult with an experienced local business attorney who can help you choose the right legal entity for your business, obtain all the proper licensing and can make sure that you are compliant with any other local, state and/or federal laws.