MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.
16277701

got my dream job last weeks and started working for a non profit

got my dream job last weeks and started working for a non profit orgenization infent toddler in fairfax va on monday. I love the job. My position is assistant bookkeeper and adminstrative assistant. I do not want to loose the job. They gave me a form to fill out that said do you have a fleney or misddemaner outside of va i said no. in va i did not say nothing and child abuse i said no.
my proble is i have a felenoey in my record from june 1999. 12 years ago. It was a credit fraud for 450.00 in arlington county. my layer did not respect the county attorney and the county attorney gave me a feleney in my record. Please tell me what i have to do and how i have to tell my boss that i do lose the job that i love alot.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 5 years ago.
What is your legal question, please?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what i have to tell my bass
Expert:  MDLaw replied 5 years ago.
We cannot tell you what to do or not do as that is prohibited. What I can tell you is that your employer has the right to terminate you for any reason or no reason at all if you are an at-will employee. Also, if you lied to the employer, that is also obviously a valid reason for them to terminate you.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. Otherwise, please remember to hit the green ACCEPT button as that is the only way that we experts get compensated for our time, expertise, and research. We do not get paid by the website and so we rely on customers to honor the honor system and accept our responses so that we can continue to provide this service to people such as yourself. When leaving feedback, please also remember that we experts do not make the laws. We only report what the laws are and so please do not shoot the messenger.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my question when i go on tuesday to work and tell them that it was from 1999. and it was a bussiness deal that went bad how likely they will understand becouse this the only think in my fille. after 1999 nothing and before nothing. do you think they will understand.
Expert:  MDLaw replied 5 years ago.
There is no way to predict what they will do or not do.