Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I am looking at opening a business in Arizona where I drive

I am looking at opening a business in Arizona where I drive a scooter to pick up people who are to drunk to drive home. I will drive my own scooter to them, fold it up, put it in their trunk, then drive them and their car home. What do i need insurance wise to be covered for this?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
You would need a motor vehicle insurance policy that would cover you for damage to no matter what vehicle you drive and you would also need a personal liability policy to cover suits for any allegations of personal misconduct, such as sexual assault or theft. The problem with these types of services is it opens you up to complaints from drunks and even though you may be innocent and they were drunk, they can still sue you for money or jewelry they have missing or sometimes even for some type of physical assault they will claim.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would personal liability insurance cover me from this sort of accusation?
You need riders on your insurance policy regarding sexual assault, but this is something you need to discuss with your insurance agent to they make sure he covers you for all contingencies.