Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

Im in a 5 member physician group. Our 2 senior partners, including

I'm in a 5 member physician group. Our 2 senior partners, including the managing partner are leaving to start a competing practice in the same area (no restrictive covenant). They are also taking our top 3 staffers, including our office manager and biller and EHR superuser. Are the 3 remaining partners entitled to financial compensation? We received about 6 weeks notice.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good morning. What kind of entity is your group? Do you have any kind of a buy-sell agreement? Do you have anything about withdrawal in your group documents?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No and No. We recently joined an IPO and there are no completed governance documents for our sub-LLC (was a work in progress).
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Thanks. Unfortunately, with no restrictions in place, they are entitled to withdraw from your group and form another group. I'm sorry. In your next grouping, you will want to make sure to have non-compete and non-solicitation agreements in place.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have different intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply general information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.