Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Started a LLC not long ago. It is targeting youth and adolescents

Started a LLC not long ago. It is targeting youth and adolescents and will be targeting
seniors soon. A hospital community service agency asked me to submit a proposal but I was unable to because they wanted to know of my other funding sources.

The funding sources want a 501c3 status. The business is to make a profit but alot of funding sources are attracted to the business-art company. I do have a non-profit but do not have 501c3 status yet.
What is my option? Where should I go from here?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
You have no options until you get the 501c3 status unless you find private funding sources "angel investors" who are not concerned about your tax exempt status. If the hospital agency only wants to deal with non-profits, then that is all you can do with them.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”