Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

Hello. We are an LLC based in California. We have this upcoming

Hello. We are an LLC based in California. We have this upcoming large project that involves manga/anime translations and freelancers from all over the states. We need to write up legal paper that clarifies the conditions of the work (no copyright claims, given credit for the work, and no lawsuit against strong adult content). We need to make sure that it is legally valid in other states outside of California. I am looking for a lawyer who can draw up the agreement paper. Thank you!
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Please be aware that we at JustAnswer cannot represent you or provide you with legal work product such as a contract that you are seeking. I can answer any questions you may have, or I can provide you with options as to how you can obtain your own counsel. Please advise on what you are seeking to accomplish. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK. Yes please guide me to the right direction, so that I can obtain an agreement from a competent lawyer. Please tell me how I can locate a business lawyer with expertise in this domain?
Thank you for your follow-up.

I will be happy to do so. First of all, just so that I do not repeat anything you know, what have you tried so far in obtaining counsel, if anything?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing. I thought I could find someone here, but came to a wrong protal, in a sense. But it will be nice to know how to locate a great lawyer.
Thank you for your follow-up.

Well, we are not quite a "wrong" portal but I understand your situation. We assist and answer legal questions but we personally cannot represent, although all of us to the best of my knowledge are legal and licensed attorneys.

For a tech company such as yourself, most likely you would want to review and browse www.avvo.com and www.martindale.com first. Both of these sites allow you to search by fees, location, experience, and expertise, and also permit you to review past client testimonials and peer driven evaluations. Avvo happens to be my own primary source for my own clients when I do not have personal contacts in that specific specialization or in that specific jurisdiction or locale. It is in some respects akin to Yelp!.com

An another option for you is to contact your county bar association and ask for a referral. Most county bars maintain referral listings which they can provide to you as well.

Hope that helps.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience: Run my own successful business/contract law practice.