Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

just back from tenant/landlord court and am frustrated to say

Customer Question

just back from tenant/landlord court and am frustrated to say the least. tenant was given 5-day notice, then went and filed and case to evict and pay back money, paid sherriff to come out and they did and she was not home- had not been there due to her utilities not on after living there for 5 months. so i was told by the shrriff deputy that if she is hiding or unable to serve then do a "posting". Did that and they mailed it to her and she got it and we both were t court this morning. Now with all that this judge says he does not have juridiction over the tenant and that she could leave -as tho she was not served-what is that????? now he wants us to return in a week and told me he could not tell me what to do and suggest i speak to a lawyer so i am asking what do i do now tenant must go she is a proffessional tenant that has no intention to move. help me please- i think judge did not like the posting but to give me a weeks return would not give me enough time to have her served by sherriff because she (tenant) must get 7days to file an appearence right? if so what do i do??????????????/
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

May I ask why the judge felt he had no jurisdiction over the tenant? Where was the tenant located? Exactly what did you post via your posting that the judge did not like?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
you are asking me the same question i am asking you--why did he feel he had no juridiction over her when she recieved the posting letter from the sherriff office. now he was mean and was so busy talking with her then when i asked him what am i to do now since i thought i went through the process- all he told me was that i need to speak to a lawyer. I think that i maybe need to speak to a lawyer in person on this, thanks anyway. bye.