BizLawyerNate
BizLawyerNate, Attorney
Experience:  7 Years of Legal Experience Representing Small Business Owners
11217539

How do I find background info & experience of Clarke County,

How do I find background info & experience of Clarke County, VA lawyers to defend against person who had equip stored in shed with prior owner; he removed good equip & goods but left some broken equip in storage shed which I had removed after 9 months as abandoned in order to store wheat in the storage shed.
Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

I cannot recommend anyone in particular, but I can point you in the right direction to find good counsel. Would that be helpful?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Aside - noted you were on MSNBC. President of MSNBC is one of family owners of LLC farm which I manage as semi-retired sr family member.

LLC received $400 for abandoned broken junk removed and it appears demand will be for much more. The prior farmer has poor reputation and has often been sued. Feel sorry for him but his attitude outrageous.
While I cannot refer you to anyone in particular at Just Answer, I can help you find a good attorney to consult.

There are two things you can do. You can contact the State Bar of Virginia Lawyer Referral Service (http://www.vsb.org/vlrs/). They can assist in finding an attorney to help you. You will get multiple referrals, and in most cases, the initial consultation is free through the service.

You can also try Martindale Hubbell (http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx
). Their entire business is rating lawyers. Simply search your state and the practice area you need. The best lawyers are going to be rated "AV".

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My weakness is that repeated requests for him to remove junk not removed were verbal via telephone & not in writing. Ditto for him. Everything verbal until now. Do you have any comment on this.

Thanks for your excellent Answer which appreciated.
Writing is always better, but he has at least been put on notice verbally, which does count.