Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

I own a roofing company in Tennessee and want to know if I

I own a roofing company in Tennessee and want to know if I have to carry general liability and workers comp even though I sub-contract all of the work out to 1099 crews that have their own insurance

bizlaw :

If you do not have employees other than owners, you do not need workers compensation insurance. You are not required to carry general liability insurance but it is advisable.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.