J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced and trained in the area of business law.
15393114

sell my toll free. From what I read ... there is no real

sell my toll free. From what I read ... there is no real law against me (or my business) selling my toll free number. this is a one time event. i have used the number in my bz and now another bz owner wants my number. I am not in the bz of warehousing numbers for sale.
do I have this correct ... no fowl ... for selling my toll free in this one time event .... correct ?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 5 years ago.

J.Hazelbaker :

Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

That is correct.

J.Hazelbaker :

There is no state or federal law that would prevent you from selling you toll free number.

J.Hazelbaker :

In fact, this is a regular occurrence. When a company is sold, the buyer almost always wants the phone numbers as well. The telephone companies are used to such assignments.

J.Hazelbaker :

Even where the company, itself is not sold, the assets, such as a telephone number, are often sold.

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.