FLCORPLAWYER
FLCORPLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  23 Years business & securities law, NY and FL bars. SEC all states.
13539925

Where can I find a FREE list of the current corporate officers

Customer Question

Where can I find a FREE list of the current corporate officers of Henkels & McCoy, Inc.? Or can you even provide me with such a list? THANKS!
Category: Business Law
Expert:  FLCORPLAWYER replied 5 years ago.

FLCORPLAWYER :

Go to the website of the secretary of state, or division of corporations, in the state where the company exists. Most states allow you to search by company name, and the latest renewal will be available. It must by law state the current officers and directors and their addresses.

Customer :

State of Pennsylvania only supplies the business address, and PA's corporate commission is old-fashioned, requiring a phone call to ask up to two questions. They also specifically state that they will not provide officers' addresses.

FLCORPLAWYER :

But hey must have a way to let you order a copy of the corporate records, since they are public. And if you are looking to sue the company, you don't need the name of any officer. You can serve "any authorized corporate officer" at the address listed for the resident agent.

Customer :

I'm looking to comply with a contract with the company, though the contract only specifies that the letter be addressed to "the President." The term of the contract is longer than a year, so they didn't specify him/her by name. The option at the Pennsylvania is a phone call, but I've been trying for 15 minutes and keep getting an "all circuits are busy" message. Is there another online resource for a list of corporate officers? (Henkels website doesn't carry the information.)

Customer :

It is regarding a dispute, so seeking the name from the project team we'll be grousing about isn't the approach we want to take.

FLCORPLAWYER :

Call up headquarters and tell them you want to send a letter of thanks to the president and ask who he is and his address. If this company is public, check the SEC website and get the info off of one of their public filings.