MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements

I am starting my own company and want to sell private shares

I am starting my own company and want to sell "private shares" in the beginning. However, because I am confident this business will soar and have been offered millions to prevent it from happening, I need to to overcome the big boy society whom hold the power and finances to make or break you. With this said, I will sell shares to individuals who need the chance rather than those with all the money. All the average American does is help the rich get richer. So with this said, is it possible for me place an income maximum for those who purchase shares so the average American can have a chance from the bottom up? The way I see it is, if Government can pick and choose who they tax at income levels, why can't a private company sell shares to an income level that gives back the American Dream?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Yes, you are able to place such a restriction on the sales of shares in your company but would benefit from crafting a charter or company philosophy statement explaining the rationale for your selective sales offering. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your quick reply. I was under the impression this was an actual Business Lawyer and not an expert but I am fine if you can confirm your answer. Isnt there a Lawyer "section" in the books I can refer to that will help me know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will not have ramifications by doing so? i.e. - xxxxBook 5, chapter 9, section 437.
I am a business attorney. See Rule 144

Note no mention of the unlawfulness of a restriction of share sales based on income levels.