MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.

when cancellation a contract for the sale of a personal care

when cancellation a contract for the sale of a personal care business, do it need witness and notarized?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
What are the contract's cancellation terms? What does the clause state?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just say cancel the previous contract, and buyer gives up all claims against the seller, both party relieve from the contract.
Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
I don't understand what you have written. The contract that you are trying to cancel says, "just say cancel the previous contract, and buyer gives up all claims..."?? That doesn't sound like proper contract language. Are you sure that is what the cancellation clause of the contract states?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry, it was not written by a lawyer, i guess what the proper contact language for cancellation should be?
Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
That is not the issue. The issue is that the contract's cancellation clause is what will tell you if you need to get it witness and notarized. If the cancellation clause does not state that it needs to be witnessed, then it does not. If the contract states that it does need to be witnessed, then it does.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. Otherwise, please remember to hit the green ACCEPT button as that is the only way that we experts get compensated for our time, expertise, and research. We do not get paid by the website and so we rely on customers to honor the honor system and accept our responses so that we can continue to provide this service to people such as yourself. When leaving feedback, please also remember that we experts do not make the laws. We only report what the laws are and so please do not shoot the messenger.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i see, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX tell me what is the right way to write contract cancellation?
Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
There is no "right" way since whether or not you have the right to even cancel a contract is completely dependent on the contract itself and whether it gives you that right. The contract itself, if it gives you that right, will inform you of how to cancel.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, this situation is that both parties agree to cancle the contract, so how that should be written up.
Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
Again, it depends on what the contract's cancellation clause states. We experts at JA cannot draft legal documents for you. That is not allowed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am not asking you to draft, just give some guideline, tips, etc.
Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
It is impossible for me to give you "tips", especially without knowing what the original contract says. You need to hire an attorney if you are looking for that. In the meantime, I do believe I answered your initial question and would appreciate it if you hit the green accept button and allowed me to get credit for my time and expertise that I have expended in answering your questions. Thank you!
MDLaw, Attorney
Experience: Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.