Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

How much does it cost to set up a not-for-profit fund for animal

How much does it cost to set up a not-for-profit fund for animal welfare? How do I go about doing this?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
It depends on what state you set up your non-profit in. You can set it up in Indiana through the secretary of state's website as a Limited Liability Company or you can set up in a more relaxed state such as Wyoming or Nevada, it doesn't really matter. The cost of an LLC is about $300. To apply for non-profit status, it is free and you do so through the IRS website for free. You can do this yourself or you can use an attorney who will charge about $1000 for everything.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”