Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

I dont believe they have a license, thats why they are interested

I don't believe they have a license, that's why they are interested in partnering up with us. I know they do sub-contract out the work, Ken would probably continue to do so on some of the jobs, but do the work himself on others.
We want this to work out, but do not want to change the license.
What about the "auth sales rep" scenario? Have you heard of that before?

We are interested in doing this Lowry's has been in the community for a very long time and has a good reputation for interiors. It would be best if they could bid the entire package, but would it work if Ken gives them a bid for his part, and it is presented as part of their package?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 5 years ago.

bizlaw :

The best way is to have your husband provide them the bid on the part he does and then they provide the overall bid making it clear that their partners are appropriately licensed contractors. This I think allows them to bid the work without misrepresenting themselves as licensed contractors, and you can do the work.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. It would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.