MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

I am in Chattanooga, Hamilton County, Tennessee. I have a judgment

I am in Chattanooga, Hamilton County, Tennessee. I have a judgment against an individual in General Sessions court in the amount of $3350.00 dated 11/17/10. While I know the individual has assets, I have not been able to locate a bank account. The home he resides in is held by a trust. I would like to have a "Debtors Examination Hearing" so as to discover where and what assets are available to satisfy the judgment. The Clerk of Courts claims no knowledge of this procedure and will not accept my subpoenas utilizing the original case number XXXXX that number has been closed with the issuance of the judgment. My question is how or what do I have to file to get this matter back in front of the court.
Thank You
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. You would need to file a motion for the hearing in the district court where the judgment debtor resides. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your help. For clarification, I assume that the motion would be filed in the General Sessions Court that rendered the judgment. Is this correct? Also, would the motion reference the existing case number?

Thanks

Hugh

Yes, (to both questions). Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.