How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Law Your Own Question
MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
MShore Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in Chattanooga, Hamilton County, Tennessee. I have a judgment

Resolved Question:

I am in Chattanooga, Hamilton County, Tennessee. I have a judgment against an individual in General Sessions court in the amount of $3350.00 dated 11/17/10. While I know the individual has assets, I have not been able to locate a bank account. The home he resides in is held by a trust. I would like to have a "Debtors Examination Hearing" so as to discover where and what assets are available to satisfy the judgment. The Clerk of Courts claims no knowledge of this procedure and will not accept my subpoenas utilizing the original case number XXXXX that number has been closed with the issuance of the judgment. My question is how or what do I have to file to get this matter back in front of the court.
Thank You
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. You would need to file a motion for the hearing in the district court where the judgment debtor resides. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your help. For clarification, I assume that the motion would be filed in the General Sessions Court that rendered the judgment. Is this correct? Also, would the motion reference the existing case number?



Expert:  MShore Law replied 5 years ago.
Yes, (to both questions). Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.
MShore Law and 5 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions