Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

when signing a contract, does it need a witness

when signing a contract, does it need a witness?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Good afternoon. Can you tell me what kind of contract you are talking about? Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this is a contract for a sale of business (personal care business)
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Thank you. A standard contract such as this need not have a witness. There are contracts that require a witness, but these involve contracts that require recording or are going to be admitted to a court, such as a will. A contract such as yours does not fall within a contract that needs to be witnessed to be valid and binding.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have different intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply general information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.