Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

My husband has a sole proprietorship with his general contractors

My husband has a sole proprietorship with his general contractor's license, KGH Construction. A local business, Lowry's Home Interior, is expanding into kitchen and bath improvement, and wants to partner up with him. If Lowry's bids the jobs, do they need Ken's license to do so?
Can Lowry's do the bids, and just sub-contract to KGH?

Someone mentioned to him that he must register them as a "Certified Sales Associate"
for them to be able to sell his services.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 5 years ago.

bizlaw :

Unless the business is a licensed contractor they cannot do bids for work without a contractor's license. Does the local business have such a license? Do they personnel that would actually do contracting work or are they selling kitchens and bathrooms and your husband would handle the installation?

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. It would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.