lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.

I moved out to Denver Colorado bought a car from a private

I moved out to Denver Colorado bought a car from a private owner and when titling the vehicle out I needed an emissions test to get plates, I had a couple of months to do it the guy said it had previously passed. I guess this is a true buyer beware situation. My problem is now I have a car that won't pass emissions in the current condition. Can I legally sell it in Colorado to a private party if on the bill of sale it states it is sold as is and a note about the muffler which I think is the problem. I came here for a job and now I don't need it as I am now unemployed and need to sell it for expenses.
Yes, you can legally sell the vehicle. Just be sure that it is marked "as is, no warranty as to emissions test or any other warranty" and you will be fine.