MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

what can i do when i have bought a mobile home from someone

Customer Question

what can i do when i have bought a mobile home from someone and after i have paid well over the agreed upon price he will not release the lien and keeps coming back for more money i do not have the money to pay an attorney do to being on ssi and only make barely enough to live?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Was the purchase agreement in writing?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no he went with me to the state tag agency to put my name on the title and told them the full purchase price also so it is in writing through official documents
Thank you, and you have evidence that you paid the price indicated on those documents?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i have actually paid 1400.00 more than that price and have every reciept to prove it
Thank you, in what state is the seller located?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
florida
Thank you, you should strongly consider contacting the FL Legal Aid Department (http://www.floridalawhelp.org/FL/StateAdvancedSearch.cfm/County/%20/City/%20/demoMode/%3D%201/Language/1/State/FL/TextOnly/N/ZipCode/%20/LoggedIn/0) to contact the seller on your behalf. Hopefully this would compel the seller to release the lien, if not, you could contact the FL Attorney General's Office Division of Consumer Protection.As a last resort, you would have to go through small claims court. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
when i came to this website i was looking for a tangible answer. the answer you gave was a referal to legal aid an answer i could have found on my own without paying you 40.00