How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i live in NV, and got served with lawsuit out of NJ. Paper

Resolved Question:

i live in NV, and got served with lawsuit out of NJ. Paper says "civil action". If I don t show up in NJ, can a judgement in NJ affect any assets in NV or is it only valid in NJ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

WebLaw :

*Due to rules of your state bar or mine, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information to better help yourself.*

WebLaw :

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

I am typing your answer -- one moment please.

WebLaw :

Unfortunately the New Jersey judgment can be executed on your assets in Nevada. The Full Faith and Credit Clause of the U.S. Constitution requires a state to honor the judgment of another state

WebLaw :

Please let me know if you have any questions concerning my answer. Otherwise please click accept.

Ellen and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions