Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
11068102

what business licenses are required for an online bus in Tx

(i will leave a very generous tip)for very detailed helpful info!

what business licenses do i need for my internet business in texas?

the bussiness will be a small business that we (my boyfriend and i) will

run (online only) from home.we have an ebay store but we are not yet a real licensed business.it will be just the two of us running it.no other employees.we will be selling various tangible items from wholesalers( worldwide) and then reselling them to customers (worldwide) on ebay.i need very detailed direct answers about every license that will be needed. thanks

Are you going to run it just as a sole proprietorship or are you going to form a corporation?

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it will be me and my bf so i would need to have an llc right?
An LLC is the most common option. For a small business it is usually the right choice. There are no real licenses required in Texas to operate a small, internet business like that. You will need to get an EIN (Employer Identification Number) from the IRS and then you have to fill out tax forms with the state, but no licenses.

In some cities they require you to have a license to operate an internet business from your home, but realistically they have no way of knowing if you do or not.

In Texas it is pretty easy to set up a small business like you are talking about.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

oh really that's awesome! so should me and my bf both get an ein?

i'll go ahead and accept your answer.but would you be willing to answer

some other questions i have.i'll gladly give you a $30 bonus just to be able to get some really in depth answers about my questions.

The EIN is for the company, not individually. I'll be glad to answer any additional questions you have.
I will be out for a while. If you have additional questions place them in this thread and I will pick up when I return, or you can put them in the other thread so it stays consistent.