Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.

This question goes along with the previous question. Is it

This question goes along with the previous question. Is it my responsibility to make sure my friend reads the contract or explain to him what the contract is saying before he signs it? He is of sound mind and body so wouldn't he be responsible for reading anything he signs?
I couldn't open your other question, but it is not your responsibility to make sure the friend reads the contract or explain it to him. In fact, you might make it worse.

It isn't a bad idea on a contract to add a section for the other person to check off just saying that they acknowledge they read the contract and had an opportunity to have an attorney review it, whether they chose to use that opportunity or no.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.