Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

i would like to set up a non profit ministry for nicaragua

i would like to set up a non profit ministry for nicaragua i live in pa to set up a website to raise awareness, collect money what would i have to do
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
You would need to file for an LLC or corporation and then file for non-profit status with the IRS. Once you have done those two things you need to use money raised for your charitable purpose and if you are sending money out of the US, then you will need to complete your IRS forms and forms for the US Customs and Immigration Service showing where that money is going outside of the US and proving it is being used for a legitimate purpose.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”