Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .

If I own an s corporation in NY and another different s corporation

If I own an s corporation in NY and another different s corporation in CT and am the president of the corporation and am the only officer of the corporation and I want to opt out of doing the "corporate minutes", can I do that? And how do i do that?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Loren replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately, annual " meetings" are a minimum requirement and minutes reflecting those meetings are required to meet the necessary showing of corporate formality. You can get around having an actual meeting by taking action by unanimous written consent, if not prohibited in your bylaws, but there is no way to opt out of keeping minutes. You would run the risk of a creditor piercing the corporate veil and having personal liability imposed upon you.